Saturday, May 24, 2008

That's why God chose young people!

24th May 2008, found some time to write something here, life is so beautiful and exciting....It is nearer and nearer to the Awakening for Jesus Conference in Malaysia, we believe this is a the time for revival to spark across Malaysia, it is NOW!

I was heavily involve in youth ministry, though a youth myself, well, sometimes people do not recognize I am one =P..haha..anyway, just want to share that in the years I have been reaching out to youth, I have sometime comes to a bottle neck, where I suspect whether this is the ministry God has in mind for me. Well, time and time again, God assured me, told me the reasons why He wants to use young people, why He wants to touch young people, and time and time again, this pushes me on and on, and I will never turn back from this..

This is a picture of youth worshipping God, in a4j youth camp. God told me a few things, simple things that makes Him wants to use the young people in this generation to do something no eyes have seen before.

Firstly, because of the PASSION of young people.

When young people really get excited about something, they wouldn't exchange anything for that thing, you see young people getting so excited for their favorite singers, footballers, and we have all heard about young people waiting in the airport for hours just for the arrival of those people. So now just sit back and imagine: When young people's heart get so excited about God, they will just do whatever they could to accomplish the things that God has commanded them to do, because they are passionate of their God, they are fired up to do things for God!

Secondly, the BOLDNESS of young people.

Young people do not think twice while doing things. This has it's positive and negative point of view of it. But generally, we need to have that kind of boldness to really step out for Jesus. Sometimes we knew we need to do something radical to start the spark, we knew but never took action. Boldness is the substance that drives us on to do so. 

In my school, we started praying during recess outside our christian fellowship room, people could see us praying. And on one particular day, I was busy finishing my chemistry report while I asked my member to go on and pray without me. What happened next is amazing. One of their friends saw them praying and they actually observe them while they pray, so when they finish praying, their friends asked them what they were doing, and they answered they were praying. And they asked again what they were praying for, and they answered again they were praying for the school. And they were like:'Wow, praying for the school ar, so great...then can you pray for me too?' This is God in the move, not us! Hallelujah!

Recently, I have started a 6th Form prayer meeting in my school, after sharing with a couple of friends, we have started it. We started praying in front of CF room, then later on move to our class room, and while we are praying our friends passed by. Praise God when we start doing so, one of our non-christian friend joined us and we prayed for him. And we all agreed that this is what God wants us to do, do something radical for the sake of God. And we know that we cannot have the old mindset of saying: Wait, there is no need doing this, others will come and do!' Sometimes it just need a step of faith of a person to spark the fire of revival in your family, your school, your college, university. And that is YOU!

God is calling for the young people of this generation to rise up to the occasion and inherit the promise land God has for us. It is now, it is this generation, a new generation who loves God with all their hearts, minds and souls. This is the time, God is calling for YOU!

All God saints in the latter days
Have you ever heard what the Holy book says
Visions and dreams we all shall see
Holy Ghost fire saturate our beings

Sounds the drums in the heavens beat
Hear the S.O.S form the devil's keep
Time is ticking and the world is dying
RISE UP YOUTH TO THE HOLY CALL!






No comments: