Monday, September 20, 2010

Love on the streets

16th of September was a great day of love. We were having spiritual parenting review class yesterday and we were asked to go on the streets to share gospel to strangers. It was a very welcomed invitation by my own basis, hasn't been doing this for a long time.

It was refreshing to be able to walk on the streets and does the thing that Jesus did, touching lives on the streets. Be it believers or non-believers, in one way or another lives were touched through Jesus's ministry on the streets.  We were divided into groups of 4, myself, alven, kelvin and leayee formed a team and we decided to go to a place where many people might not know: The real Old Town. Yes, its the real Old Town and I've directed them to an unknown place for many people: A 'food court' behind Chen Moh.

Thats the place where I used to be for breakfast and lunch during my primary and early secondary school time. First thing arriving in that place, I heard people talking about Jesus. Just sitting behind us, we were listening to them while we were having our meal. Then at the right moment, we stepped in. Lea Yee stood up and one of the guys at the back were telling the others whether want to ask her about something or not. Perhaps because we were wearing all for Jesus t-shirt, so having heard what they were up to, lea yee invited them to ask. At the same time I stepped in to the scene and started a conversation with them. Really thank God for the chance to talk to them, having shared my testimony with them and hopefully one day these seeds that I had planted would grow!

After the first approach, we went to a bus station for a second attempt and we saw an old folks sitting by the bus station. Alven and I approach that uncle, and started conversing with him. It was like all these were not coincidence but were planned in some sense. The uncle started to tell us about his frustrations and suffering, pains and tests he was going through. At the end when we prayed for him, he cried. Random? No, I don't think so. I believe it was God's will and plan for us to be there at the time to encourage him, to pray for him.

Thank God for this wonderful experience once again, this is what we are supposedly be doing, spreading love on the streets!

No comments: