Sunday, September 5, 2010

The Power of Tongue

"If anyone considers himself religious and yet does not keep a tight rein on his tongue, he deceives himself and his religion is worthless. " James 1:26

This verse has strucked my heart. Very true indeed, for everything we speak, everything that came out from our mouth, could bring an impact that everyone of us cannot imagine. Words from our tongues can do 2 things, either build or destroy ourselves and the others. In Proverbs 12, we could see the effect of our tongues on the lives of people.

I am bearing such a guilt in my heart for some words that I've spoken recently. Though it doesn't hurt anyone, but the Holy Spirit convicted me so much that I felt such guilt in me, an unbearable feeling that I hasn't experience before. As I was dealing with this guilt, God spoke to me, pointing out the root of the problem: My tongue.

I recalled what Ps Jessie had shared in the prayer meeting last Tue, she said that God told her that her temper would destroy her if she is not cautious enough. And that strucked my mind, as if God is telling me Kenneth, your tongue is going to kill you if you are not cautious enough and bang! It was so direct. I was convicted and I confessed the sin of my tongue and let it all to Him.

Words from our tongue does wonderful things, you can praise, sing, or curse. Its a choice, whether you want to say it or not. Remember, no one force us to speak unless we wanted to. Thank God! Lesson learned!

No comments: