Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Year Resolution 2011

Its 2011, and it is already the 4th day into this brand new year.

Pastor James shared a sermon based on a familiar bible verse when it comes to this time of the year in Philippians chapter 3:12-14:

"Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already arrived at my goal, but I press on to take gold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. but one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenwatd in Christ Jesus."


Forgetting the pass, embrace the present, and strive for the future.

These are the 3 things that would define my new year 2011. 

Forgetting my failures, as well as my success, in doing so I would not be bounded by my previous failures which would stop me from believing what I can achieve through God, believing that I could do great and that retification could be done. Forgetting my success to prevent myself from being deceived by my pass achievement, putting me firmly on ground to work hard and smart in order to achieve the same, if not more.

Embracing the present, to live the best I could be living, now. Do not delay nor wait, I want to live my life as it is, to fully utilize the time I have in doing things that are pleasing in His eyes. That could be watching television, paying friends visits, cell groups, dating time, anything, that is pleasing in His eyes. 

Striving for the future, to keep myself on course on what I want myself to be in the next 5 years. Where I would be standing in the year 2016? Thus goals are set, and they are set to be achieved. 

I want to be more Christ-like this year, definitely there would be ups and downs in the year, but I by faith proclaiming that through all these ups and downs in the year 2011, I would eventually emerged at the end of this year as being more Chirst-like, being closer to God.

I thank God for the past 2010, and is anticipating what is installed for me in 2011. 

No comments: