Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year to all!
One more day to chinese new year, 

This is the day where families are united, gathering together for a reunion dinner. A season of love, especially the love within families. Chinese are very much family-based, a race that emphasis much on the bond within the family. Thats the way I was brought up.

In our younger years, never once can our absence from any family occasions is compromised. Even if so, we would be greeted by our father's stern face. 

As I was growing up, I do not understand why. 
Why we must be all-present in every single family meetings? 
Why some other families their children were allowed to be absent?

As time passed, 12 became 21. 

I now understand why. One day after another, my parents were slowly aging. 
Grey hairs had slowly overtook the shining blacks. As I look into their eyes, suddenly I felt aching in my heart. I missed them dearly. 

Chinese New Year was never about the hype, red packets, mandarin oranges. It was about family.

My lovely parents and their grandchildren!

Our reunion dinner!

Hannah and her!

Happy Chinese New Year!



No comments: